By now,you’re likely all too familiar with the horrible tragedy involving Chef Nathanial Zimet. In case you don’t know, the much beloved man behind the Purple Truck and Boucherie has been shot multiple times in an apparent armed robbery attempt (Nola.com article here). As a result of this act of senseless violence, Chef Nathanial is going to have some outrageous medical expenses. In an attempt to help the man that has brought so many wonderful things to our bellies, we’re compiling a list of all the currently known benefits organized to help defray these costs. Please participate early and often!
1. Donate at any New Orleans branch of Capital One;
Drink wine at Brigtsen’s on Thursday night, as 100% of bottled wine sales will be donated;
Order from Pizza Delicious this Thursday or Sunday, as 20% of all proceeds will be donated;
5. As the boys over at Blackened Out have suggested, go eat at Boucherie which re-opened on May 24;
Saltwater Grill has promised to donate 100% of sales from Bananas Foster on Wednesday & Thursday this week;
Taceaux Loceaux is donating a portion of their sales from this weekend to the cause;
Adolfo Garcia is putting 100% gross sales on Rio Mar ‘s wine, href=”http://www.labocasteaks.com/” target=”_blank”>La Boca & a Mano‘s crafted pasta dishes, this Thursday June 2 (Now confirmed by Judy Walker of the TP);
9. It looks like the good people over at La Petite Grocery and Patois are organizing a local cooking event. If you’re a chef that is interested in participating, contact them at chefs4nathanial at gmail dot com;
The Velvet Espresso Bar is offering to donate all sales of teacakes made after 4:00 pm for the rest of the month;
12. July 10th starting at 5:00 pm, the Howlin Wolf will have a benefit called Beasts & Brass. Details will be updated as they emerge;
13. Not sure if this is in connected to the Howlin Wolf benefit, but Boucherie is accepting item donations for a benefit their putting on. If interested in donating, contact them via email at benefit4nathanial at gmail dot com;
This Saturday, Bookoo BBQ is donating a portion of all BBQ sales. Bookoo BBQ is located in Finn McCools;
15. Boucherie is establishing a paypal account to allow people to donate directly. You can donate and see other benefits planned for Nathanial on the website setup by Boucherie here;
Geaux Plates is donating a portion of all proceeds from this weekend;
This Sunday Bacchanal will be donating 10% of all food and wine sales towards the recovery of Chef Nathaniel Zimet. The Cuisine of Chef will be Ryan Haigler of Emeril’s Delmonico (Thanks to Nick Young for the tip);
Through Sunday, June 5, Cure will be donating a portion of proceeds from their punch;
19. Until July 1, La Petite Grocery will donate proceeds of all sales of their kick ass Abita Root Beer short ribs;
20. This Saturday, June 11, Dirty Coast is donating 10% of sales;
21. Hanson’s Sno-bliz is also donating 10% of sales on June 11.
That’s all we’ve gotten wind of so far, if you know of anything else please leave it in the comments or send us an email. We’ll do our best to let everyone know as soon as we get more info.